1. Some species of mould releases spores in hot and dry environments which means when the moisture level eventually rises the mould problem can be overwhelming.

    2. Just because you can’t see mould, doesn’t mean that you don’t have it.
    3. Mould makes you sick. The most common symptoms of mould exposure are fatigue, nausea, migraines, cough, congestion, runny nose or trouble breathing. Mould can also worsen asthma symptoms or other allergies.
    4. It is impossible to get rid of all mold spores indoors; some spores will be found floating through the air and in house dust. However we can reduce the amount of spores in our homes by controlling mold growth.
    5. Using Bleach to clean up mould is at best useless and at worst extremely dangerous. The problem with bleach is that is does nothing to remove the mould. Instead, it bleaches colour giving the illusion of a mould-free surface. A few weeks later it will come back bigger and blacker than ever. Bleach is also highly corrosive and dangerous to handle, bleach creates fumes that damage your lungs.  
    6. Using Ammonia to clean mould is dangerous. Not only is Ammonia a stinking horrible chemical that is difficult to handle, it can also react with the chlorine found in most drinking water to create toxic chloramine gas.
    7. Tea Tree Oil is an exceptional mould killer. Tea tree oil is an essential oil which is harmless to people and pets. Tea tree oil is antifungal, capable of killing all types of molds. Tea tree oil is also antibacterial, antiviral and kills dust mites. Make sure the tea tree oil you buy is derived from the Melaleuca Alternifolia as not all brands use quality TTO.
    8. Wet clothes left in a ball can grown mould almost immediately. It is vital that wet clothes are dried fast to prevent being spoiled by mould.
    9. Painting over mould is useless- it will not kill or seal it up, the mould will continue to grow and may become so bad that the building may have to be demolished.
    10. If not treated promptly mould can get out of hand and require professional remediation. If the mould in your home is larger than a square meter you should consider to call in a professional.

BONUS FACT Green-Goo is the easiest method of controlling mould. Just Open the tub and you're protected.